The quotes that give me motivation, direction, and inspiration...

"CatWoman"
1. “Do, or do not. There is no try.”
This quote by Yoda, from Star Wars, always plays in my mind when I say “I’ll try.” It reminds me to ask myself if I am committed to doing something or not. If I’m not, then I shouldn’t say I’ll try. If it is something I want to do, then I should commit all the way and say “I will do that” not “I’ll try.”

2. “And the Greatest of These is Love” – St. Paul.
When crises in life arise, what is truly important in life quickly boils down to the love of family and friends. The hardest part of life is trying to remember this during the good times, when we spend all our energy adding complexity to our lives. Sometimes God or the Universe sends us a challenge in life to remind us of this.

3. “Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of.” -Benjamin Franklin.
This quote reminds me to make the most of my time. I’m constantly trying to sweep away the excess distractions that creep into my life daily, and stay focused on the main things I want to do with my life. It’s not easy, but by staying focused on this, I live a more purposeful life than if I didn’t.

4. “Know Thyself.” - Socrates.
I find that when I analyze my challenges through reflection, writing, or discussing with friends, I come to an understanding that allows me to work on my weaknesses and blind spots. The personal growth that stems from this helps me keep from making the same mistakes as often. And hopefully it allows me to have a more positive impact on those around me.

5. “Imagination Rules the World”
– Einstein.
I love creativity. I love art of all kinds. Creation is difficult work, and at the same time it is one of the most rewarding kinds of work. I like this quote because it reminds me that life is not only about the practical. Life is also about the daydream. Our imagination fuels our dreams and our dreams fuel what our life becomes. I need to remember this more.

6. “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt.
Every time I do something that I am afraid to do, I have grown in my confidence. Most often my fear is unfounded. When I’m planning my projects and goals, I will ask myself “What could I do to make this more successful, beyond what I originally thought? Why haven’t I thought of this before? Is there something I’m afraid to do? Why?’ What are you afraid to do right now? What’s holding you back from trying?

7. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.?
– Maya Angelou.
This one says it all. I need to pay attention that when I’m with my son, family, or friends that I really give them my full attention and not allow my distracted mind to be thinking of work.

8. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”
-Thomas Edison.
In my experience, hard work leads to happiness. Of course it must be balanced by play, quiet time, and celebration too. When you’re not engaged in work you love, there’s a tendency to feel lethargic, bored, unfulfilled, etc. If you feel this way, for a long term solution consider finding work you really love. For a short term solution to lethargy, consider doing some physical work. Nothing feels better than after doing some hard physical work.

9. “Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think.”-Horace.
Life does move fast. The point is not to dwell on the speed of life, but rather to live in this moment right now. It’s all we really have. Enjoy today!

10. What is your favorite inspirational quote?
Please Share!

If you found this post valuable, please SHARE THIS below with a Stumble or Delicious bookmark. Votes are always appreciated!

[valentino]

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Ada Seseorang di sana, ia bisa tersenyum...